daVinci is a fast growing, dynamic company delivering best-in-class advanced planning software to the Retail Industry. Today, and throughout its 8 year history, daVinci’s innovative software helps fashion retailers grow revenue, increase profits and operate more efficiently through intelligent assortment planning. With customer satisfaction as our first priority, a dynamic collaborative environment draws upon the full knowledge capital of all our people to provide the best solutions possible.
Based in downtown Toronto, you will perform software development and maintenance functions on high performance N-tier planning applications for the Retail Industry. Partner in a team environment but also be able to independently design, develop, code, test and debug new software or make significant enhancements to existing software. Design and develop secure, scalable, and fault tolerant solutions across a J2EE architecture.
- Strong Java, multi-threaded, client/server knowledge and experience. Expertise needed in end to end n-tier distributed architecture design and development: J2EE, XML, XSL, EJB, SOAP, Struts, Spring, Hibernate and Servlet. Experience in C and C++ a plus.
- J2EE Compliant Application Server Experience: Apache Tomcat, JBoss AS, etc.
- Strong SQL knowledge required. Oracle DBA and/or Oracle DB development experience a plus.
- Other skills needed include multi-threaded/concurrent programming experience. Knowledge of and experience with source control packages (SVN, CVS, etc.). Unit/system test plan creation and development.
- Good time-management, decision-making, and organizational skills a must
- Good English communication skills are required. Multi-language skills a plus.
Thank you for your interest in daVinci. We advise that only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.